AEG, the brand that is renowned across the globe that carries a tagline “perfekt in form und function,” offers a whole array of consumer products and home appliances. One among them would be tumble dryers in the laundry segment. Now as we all know tumble dryers are of two types – vented and condenser models. The model that is in discussion today is a condenser model. These models are a lot easier to handle than the rest. For all the eco conscious users the AEG Electrolux T56840L Front Loading Tumble Dryer looks to be their best bet as it consumes less energy than the conventional type of dryers. Now let us look into the finer details of this appliance.
AEG Electrolux T56840L Condenser Tumble Dryer takes its cues from the condenser technology, as mentioned above, retains moisture in the form of water that in turn gets filled in the reservoir present at the top front side of the appliance. It is fairly quite thanks to the Silent System Plus technology used by this dryer and produces minimum noise in comparison to the other dryers of its kind. This model has the ability to handle a capacity of 7 kg and comes in a dimension of 844mm in height, 600 mm in width and 580 mm in depth. Weighing around 40.46 kg, it is relatively easy to handle the dryer and can be easily installed in any available space, as it is free of venting issues. The white finish that it comes in seems to be a perfect match for contemporary homes that desire conceptual arrangements.
- Drum – This model comes with a stainless steel drum that is sturdy and durable. It can take rough handling to a decent extent and sure does seem to have an edge over other plastic models.
- Fluff filter – The are screens present in this dryer which mainly help in filter the lint or any tiny particles that maybe present while drying. This has to be kept clean after every programme and these screens also make it easy for cleaning the drum. This indeed keeps the laundry fresh and lint-free and safeguards clothes from lint and dust particles.
- Alarm and indicators –The acoustic alarm that this dryer is equipped with makes it a fairly convenient appliance particularly for households with a busy routine. There is a buzzer that goes off with the dryer completing a cycle and is indeed user-friendly.
- Controls – This model packs a medium-sized LCD display, a rotary control that allows setting of programmes and a couple of soft touch buttons that makes selections seamless. The indicators present are water tank full indicator, end of cycle, filter/condenser cleaning and remaining time.
- Interior light – The drum is equipped with an internal light that automatically turns on with the door being opened offering great visibility with loading and unloading the laundry.
- Stacking – Although it is possible to stack this appliance over washers or the washer can take its place over the dryer of the same brand it requires a stacking kit. There is a stacking kit offered by the manufacturer, which is optional.
Sensor drying – This feature offers exceptional drying results with absolute control. All it requires is to simply select the desired level of dryness from the rotary control that has both – ‘iron dry’ for clothes that are slightly damp and ‘extra dry’ for ready-to-wear clothes. The dryer is then smart enough to sense the clothes being dried to the level specified.
Programmes – There are about 15 lavish programes to choose from that includes Jeans, Freshen Up, Easy Iron, Time Controlled Drying, Wool Care Programmes, Extra Long Anti-Crease, Delicate Programme and the regular one. These cover up the entire general requirement along with the special programmes making it possible to give the desired results to the user.
Delay start – This handy feature is the most voted one among the rest as it allows you to delay the start time of a programme wherein you can take absolute advantage of off-peak electricity tariff.
Reverse tumble action – Automatic reverse tumble action of the drum ensures even crease-free drying and easy ironing of laundry.
Performance and Efficiency:
The energy class gets a Grade B rating that saves about 10% additional energy when compared to Grade C models AEG Electrolux T56840L White Colour Tumble Dryer with its array of impressive features and functions is sure to fulfill the desire of most choosy customers.
T56840L 7kg Tumble Dryer – Technical Specification Table
|Size (height x width x depth)||844 x 600 x 580 mm|
|Drying Capacity||7 kg|
|Loading type||Front loading dryer|
|Number of drying programmes||15|
|Energy efficiency rating||B|
|Door||Rectangular door with integrated handles|
|Inner drum material||Galvanized Steel|
|Water tank||At the top|
|Anti crease function||Yes|
|Final cool tumble action||Yes|
|Optional stacking kit||Yes|
|Delicate dry option||Yes|
|Security door lock||Yes|
|Start delay option||Yes|
|Filter care indicator||Yes|
|Remaining time indicator||Yes|
|Warning LED indicator||No|
|Water tank full indicator||Yes|
|End of program indicator||Yes|
|Buzzer cancel button||Yes|
Other Tumble Dryer Reviews
Saturday, October 30th, 2010