One brand that is evidently famous for their ‘6th sense technology’ is obviously ‘Whirlpool’- the innovative manufacturer of numerous novel products since 1911. With almost a century of experience the brand takes pride in having sustained the turbulence of the appliance market along with having won many recognitions from leading institutions for the same.
The Whirlpool AWZ 8579 Condenser Tumble Dryer is clearly enriched with features of the 6th sense technology. Designed as a condenser type of drying system it is a freestanding, front-loading type of appliance. The overall dimension of this Tumble Dryer is 855 x 600 x 596 mm relating to the height, width and the depth of the appliance. It comes in a white finish with a transparent rectangular door to take a quick glimpse of the stuff happening inside the dyer. It is a fairly wide door that opens sideways too. Crafted to be a condenser type of dryer, the water reservoir has been located on the top. Again, the dryer cannot be slotted in the lightweight category as it weighs a whopping 42 kg.
Whirlpool AWZ 8579 Condenser 8 Kg Tumble Dryer packs a couple of automatic functions that simplifies work and a brief description of the same is as follows.
Automatic anti crease – This programme functions by default tumbling of the load after completion a programme so as to minimise creasing in the fabrics
Automatic cool down – This again is a final program for 10 minutes that cools down the fabrics and thus prevents shrinkage or creasing.
Automatic Sensor drying – This programme functions automatically by sensing the moisture level present in the load. It suits best in most cases as it prevents over and under drying.
- Following would be a list of interesting programmes that have been designed to suit every requirement of an users, be it delicates or heavy materials. It is important to know the type of programmes on offer and that is exactly what has been discussed below:
- Timed steered drying is one programme that can be set for a required timing with the option of 10, 20, 30, 40, 60 and 90 mins.
- Cupboard dry programme is where the load is dried extensively and also gets cooled down towards the end of a programme.
- Ready to wear programme is suitable for woollen clothes that gives it a perfect tough and gets the fabric amply dry and ready to wear as the name suggests.
- Jean programme is particularly suitable for the bulkier fabrics and jeans that require a crispy kind of dryness.
- In case of the silk programme it functions with an extra gentle touch together with the low heat option and slow rotation.
Child lock – Taking care of any unauthorised operations is now possible by selecting the child lock. This protects the programme from being tampered.
Delay start – There is a delay start option onboard too allowing users to be able to take advantage of the cheaper overnight electricity.
Indicators – Couple of indicators come in handy with enhancing the dryer’s performance, namely – the Condenser Bottle Full alert hints users about the need for the water reservoir to be emptied. Filter full alert is also here that indicates to run a check on the filter. Again the End of Cycle indicator informs users that a cycle has ended and needs to be attended to immediately.
The energy efficiency of this Whirlpool AWZ 8579 White Colour Tumble Dryer has been given a grade ‘B’ rating. It functions on a voltage of 230 to 240 watts. Also the extra large drum with a capacity of 8 Kg/128 litres proves to be fairly helpful bigger families.
Whirlpool AWZ8579 Specification Table
|Model Name||AWZ 8579 6 th sense Condenser Dryer|
|Drying Capacity in kg||8|
|Size (height x width x depth)||855 x 600 x 596 mm|
|Timed dry||10, 20, 30, 40, 60 and 90 mins|
|Loading type||Front loading|
|Automatic sensor drying||Yes|
|Water tank position||Top|
|Door type||Rectangle, transparent|
|Anti crease function||Yes|
|Final cool tumble action||Yes|
|Wool care programme||Yes|
|Indicators / others|
|Filter care indicator||Yes|
|Remaining time indicator||Yes|
|Door opening sensor||No|
|Water tank full indicator||Yes|
|End of program indicator||Yes|
|Programme progress indicator||Yes|
Related Product Reviews
Thursday, April 15th, 2010